Turkey undercover ~ Brand Mix

Thursday, November 22, 2007

Turkey undercover

There's an outdoor swimming just up the road that's open year round. Once or twice a week I manage to get myself out of bed early enough to do some laps. When there's frost on the ground and it's still dark like today, I get to feel a little bit heroic just making it into the water.

Anyway, there's a bunch of wild turkeys who live in that neighborhood. Not the scrawny, bullet-fast wild turkeys I once saw in Florida. These are Californian turkeys - bigger and much more laid back. They seem to spend most of the time in the middle of the road gobbling at each other.

Well, the last few times I've been to the pool, the turkeys have not been there. They've vanished. I'm hoping they've made it to higher and safer ground, not the plates of the locals.

Happy Turkey Day everyone!

No comments:

 
Blog Directory - Blogged