Six of the Best Supplemental: One more thing about Sneakers ~ Brand Mix

Sunday, March 1, 2009

Six of the Best Supplemental: One more thing about Sneakers

I shouldn't let the reference to Martin Bishop's starring role in the movie, Sneakers pass by without mentioning what, for a few seconds, I thought was the best piece of marketing I had ever seen. In that movie, Robert Redford played a computer hacker who used Martin Bishop as an alias. (It's always surprised me, since then, how many people remember that.)

Anyway, I went to the movies just before Sneakers came out and was watching the previews. Then, to my amazement, I saw this screen-filling close-up of a credit card with the name "Martin Bishop" in gigantic size written on it. "Wow," I thought. "That's incredible." "How do they do that?" I was imagining (once again, just for a few seconds) that everyone in the audience was seeing their own name.

No comments:

 
Blog Directory - Blogged