Watching out for your online reputation ~ Brand Mix

Sunday, October 14, 2007

Watching out for your online reputation

An article here about a marketing executive's battle to restore her online reputation after an anonymous blogger had written some disparaging remarks about her.

One interesting stat from the article is that almost 40% of recruiters eliminate candidates from consideration for jobs based on what they find out about them online.

As I Google "Martin Bishop" to see what lies and slanders have been written about me, I find I have a different issue. I have to compete with Robert Redford who, as Martin Brice in the film "Sneakers", assumed my name to protect himself from the government. That takes up the first few listings and helps bump me off the front page.

No comments:

 
Blog Directory - Blogged