Happy Memorial Day Weekend! Summer arrived just in time in San Francisco. Time to head to the beach but, first, here are six of the best, most of which come from the "likes" of Facebook friends:
1) Clarke and Dawes ask the million dollar questions: ABC News (Australia) (via Matt Sherman)
The European debt crisis summarized by Australians. Laugh. Then throw yourself off a cliff.
2) A useful guide to the brand utility: Ingmar de Lange (via Chris Wilson)
Lots of good examples as Ingmar describes "brand utility"--where companies have been able to do something useful at the same time as they promote themselves. Things like free shipping from Amazon or IKEA's home design helping web site.
3) Sienna Minivan: Sienna's Channel (via Spencer Mains)
Good to see that Toyota still has a sense of humor. Made Spencer laugh. Me too. No "mother-father swearing" for the owners of The Swagger Wagon. But why no embed option?
4) I've Got Chic in My Pants: JWT for Huggies (via Ben Kunz on Thought Gadgets)
More cute: "My diaper is full. Full of chic. When it's a #2, I look like #1. I poo... in blue"
5) Museum AR app completely changes the landscape, um, streetscape: advergirl (via brandflakesforbreakfast)
The Museum of London has launched an augmented reality app that gives a real picture of the city's past. A sign of things to come as well as a record of things that were.
6) The 50 Worst Inventions: Time (via Marc Lichtenstein)
This list has been around for a while but you may not have seen it. All the old favorites from the Segway and New Coke to Marc's choice: The Comfort Wipe: "As easy to use as a shower brush:"
That's it! Back soon with more stories from the world of brand strategy. More thoughts and comments also available on Twitter (@martinjbishop).