Meatball Sundae Thought #3: Blogs ~ Brand Mix

Friday, January 4, 2008

Meatball Sundae Thought #3: Blogs

In his new book, Meatball Sundae, Seth Godin describes how blogs have given power to the individual voice. "For the first time in history, the graffiti on the wall has more power than the official version from an organization," he writes.

But they can also help organizations get in better touch with their customers. As I write this, a big Pacific storm is raging outside and it's likely to either flood out or knock the power out of my small hometown, Fairfax. As I was looking for information about damage done or damage expected, I ran across this blog from the Fairfax town hall manager.

Nothing special, except that a) I have my flashlight at the ready as instructed and b) I've signed up as a subscriber and I'm much more likely to leave a comment and have a dialogue with the town than I ever would have been before.

No comments:

 
Blog Directory - Blogged